Lead DevOps Engineer
Riffyn, Inc. - Oakland, CA - riffyn.com
Riffyn seeks a lead DevOps engineer to operate and scale our automated deployment and production infrastructure in AWS. In this role, you will be responsible for the deployment, security and stability of our development and production environments, and will direct and collaborate with an external team that provides 24/7 incident response support. You will be responsible for timely application of system patches, configuration changes as needed, installing new services, and installing and utilizing monitoring tools. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining the Company's security systems, procedures and validation activities. This includes assessment and documentation of our compliance needs and procedures for disaster recovery and security. You will also need to stay educated on advancing operations and security technologies, ensuring Riffyn maintains best-in-class technologies and practices, and working with customers to integrate Riffyn SaaS with customer enterprise systems and policies.
Riffyn is a venture-backed provider of research design and analytics software (SaaS) to biotech, pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. Riffyn SaaS offers a unique “design-first” approach to scientific experimentation and product development that solves previously intractable data fragmentation issues. Riffyn provides global R&D organizations with unprecedented access to high-quality data, process design information and integrative data analytics.
- 7+ years of experience in enterprise DevOps
- Outstanding & proactive oral and written communication skills - with colleagues, mentees, and customers
- Problem-solving /analytical mindset
- Hands-on attitude, while also maintaining a strategic view of gaps and execution plans
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Experience with AWS services, EC2, S3, CodeDeploy, CloudWatch, IAM
- A working understanding of code and script (Shell and Python)
- Experience with Docker