Senior Application Scientist/Engineer
Riffyn, Inc. - Oakland, CA - riffyn.com
Riffyn seeks a data-fluent scientist or process engineer from the biotech, pharmaceutical, food or chemical industries to help Riffyn customers transform their R&D practices with Riffyn’s cloud-based process design and data analytics software. As Senior Application Scientist/Engineer, you will develop a close relationship with Riffyn customers, serving as a consultant and guide to help them (1) use Riffyn’s software for the first time, (2) translate their R&D workflows and data systems to Riffyn, and (3) learn how to achieve unprecedented scientific insight using Riffyn’s technology.
In this role, you will tap your skills and experiences in experimental design, process improvement, assay systems, measurement systems, data analysis, and/or statistics to transition our customers from an environment of fragmented data---with data spread across electronic lab notebooks, spreadsheets and databases---to one where data is radically more integrated, accessible and ready for scientific discovery. (See Welcome to Riffyn video.) Your competence will energize our customers. Your experience will shape our product. Your attention to detail will improve its quality. Your communication skills will help build our support center into a destination for anyone who wants to review best practices for product development and continuous improvement.
Riffyn is a venture-backed provider of research design and analytics software (SaaS) to biotech, pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. Riffyn SaaS offers a unique “design-first” approach to scientific experimentation and product development that solves previously intractable data fragmentation issues. Riffyn provides global R&D organizations with unprecedented access to high-quality data, process design information and integrative data analytics.
- Work with customers to translate scientific workflows into Riffyn process designs
- Help customers design new experimental processes and study designs to address their R&D questions
- Help customers pipe their data into Riffyn experiments
- Help customers enhance their data analysis with scripted data analytics
- Train customers on the Riffyn application and enhanced scientific discovery methodologies
- Channel your professional experience and customer feedback into feature requests for product development
- Generate and maintain help documentation, both articles and videos
- Ph.D. in chemical engineering, biology, analytical chemistry or related field; candidates with B.S/M.S. degrees and exceptional experience will also be considered
- 5+ years experience in industrial R&D, process engineering or quality engineering
- Proficiency using Excel, python or scripting languages for data capture, analysis and reporting
- Experienced using JMP, R, Spotfire, Tableau or other software for multivariate data exploration or analysis
- Demonstrated capability to identify and solve scientific problems using a statistically-driven, data-first approach
- Experience in Design of Experiments (DoE), Partition of Variance and associated statistical methodologies highly sought
- Experience in machine learning, AI, and other advanced data and/or statistical treatments a big plus
- Outstanding & proactive oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving/analytical mindset
- Willing to travel up to 15%