Riffyn: on a mission to reshape science
Today’s scientific breakthroughs often go unnoticed because they are buried in uninterpretable spreadsheets and inaccessible data. Riffyn’s mission is to make science work better, solving previously intractable data fragmentation and data sharing problems in R&D organizations.
Riffyn supports global biopharmaceuticals, biotechnology and food technology firms with its patented data system, Riffyn Nexus, and scientific consulting team. Riffyn Nexus is a SaaS solution that breaks-down data silos to provide deeply integrated datasets for machine learning and faster product development.
Our Science team is focused on delivering holistic solutions from data input through to detailed analysis, and this requires our members to be scientists who have lived the day-to-day of lab-based work or the direct support thereof. We are looking for a Scientist/Senior Scientist to help support our customers’ realization of these solutions.
As a Scientist/Senior Scientist, you will develop a close relationship with Riffyn customers, serving as an advisor and guide to help them
- use Riffyn’s software for the first time,
- translate their R&D workflows and data systems to Riffyn, and
- learn how to achieve unprecedented scientific insight using Riffyn’s technology.
In this role, you will tap your skills and experiences in experimental design, process improvement, assay systems, measurement systems, data analysis, and/or statistics to transition our customers from an environment of fragmented data---with data spread across notebooks, spreadsheets and databases---to one where data is instantly integrated, accessible and ready for scientific discovery.
- Work with customers to translate scientific workflows into Riffyn process designs
- Help customers design experiments to address their R&D questions
- Help customers pipe their data from various sources into Riffyn experiments
- Assist customers to enhance their data analysis with scripted data analytics and visualizations
- Train customers on the Riffyn application and enhanced scientific discovery methodologies
- Channel your professional experience and customer feedback into feature requests for product development
- Generate and maintain help documentation and videos, and write blog articles and journal publications.
Who You Are
You are a scientist in bioprocess/pharma (e.g., fermentation, downstream process, screening, analytical/quality) who is passionate about using data to make decisions. You’ve worked on projects to bring together data from within your team and/or across multiple teams in order to answer sophisticated questions. You love the science behind the data, and you want to make sure that the data gets harnessed to its fullest potential. You like working with people, learning from them, as well as teaching them new ways to make the most of their work. You work to add value as much as you can, and you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do some heavy lifting as needed.
- 2-5 years’ industrial experience with a Ph.D. in chemical engineering, biology, analytical chemistry or related field; candidates with B.S/M.S. degrees and exceptional experience will also be considered
- Proficiency using Excel, python or scripting languages for data capture, analysis and reporting
- Experienced using JMP, R, Spotfire, Tableau or other software for multivariate data exploration or analysis
- Experience with at least one of the following is highly valuable: electronic lab notebooks (ELN), laboratory information management systems (LIMS), chromatography data systems, historians, or other assay data capture, process design, scientific workflow management platforms
- Demonstrated capability to identify and solve scientific problems using a statistically-driven, data-first approach
- Experience in Design of Experiments (DoE), Partition of Variance and other statistical methodologies highly sought
- Outstanding & proactive oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving/analytical mindset
- Willing to travel up to 30%
Founded in 2014 by veterans from life sciences and high-performing computing industries, Riffyn is building and delivering the digital backbone to help scientists get better products to market faster. Riffyn is a venture-backed company headquartered in Oakland, California with an additional offices in Denver, Philadelphia and London.
Apply for this jobApply now
Midnight Wilkinson is a business administration professional with over a decade of experience in both Human Resources and executive office administration. Midnight has worked in many different industries, including construction and manufacturing but has focused on technology startups for over 5 years and is continually excited by the energy in this sector. A strong believer in the power of positive thinking in the workplace, Midnight is committed to building a culture of growth, integrity, and balance. She grew up in San Francisco (via South America) and is now a resident of the East Bay and enjoys communing with nature as well as the joys of urban living equally.