General & Administrative
Mission to reshape science
At Riffyn, we think beyond the conventional. We dream big. Our mission is to help accelerate the science that improves all of our lives and our planet’s quality and sustainability.
Riffyn believes there is a better way to approach research and development. And that is to empower scientists to make better decisions and faster discoveries by unlocking the power of data. Our technology and people change lives by driving advancements in biological research, medicines, sustainability, and more. If that inspires you, join us.
Life at Riffyn
Life at Riffyn is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do because we know that our work has the power to change lives. We approach our work with trust and honesty. And we’ve built a diverse team and culture fuelled by collaboration and openness.
Our employees developed our five core beliefs — our ethos, and these extend beyond the work we do and into how we support each other. We are continually evolving to ensure that every employee feels appreciated and encouraged to do what matters for themselves, the company, and each other.
- Get there honestly – have the courage to take the right path
- Do what matters – own the why of the work we do
- Make it fun – humor separates us from the machines
- Work well together – trust builds the strongest teams
- Keep evolving – challenge the status quo
Riffyn is looking for a temporary contract recruiter to help cover our staffing needs for several, Executive and senior technical positions.
The right candidate will be working as an independent contractor directly with our Associate Director of People & Facilities with an expected 20 hours per week for approximately 3 months.
Contract Recruiter responsibilities include coordinating our hiring process, sourcing qualified candidates, and applying advanced interviewing techniques. Ultimately, you’ll employ your specialized skills and network to help us bring the right people on board.
If you have experience recruiting in our industry and you’re an excellent communicator, we’d like to meet you.
- Meet with managers and directors to discuss their hiring needs and formulate strategy
- Design and coordinate the hiring process
- Review and advise on job descriptions
- Source qualified candidates via job sites, databases, networking etc.
- Select and present qualified candidates
- Help setup team interviews with candidates
- Create regular reports on hiring progress and other recruiting metrics
Your background and skills
- Proven success as a recruiter for both executive and technical positions
- Hands-on experience in the entire recruitment life cycle
- Biomanufacturing and/or Technology Industry hiring experience a huge plus
- Familiarity with recruiting software (e.g. Applicant Tracking Systems) and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Knowledge of effective hiring practices (e.g. social media recruiting)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Outstanding organization ability
If you thrive in a fast-paced, down-to-earth, collaborative, and mission-driven environment, Riffyn is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime and be at the forefront of the next revolution of scientific discovery.
Apply with your CV, cover letter, and any portfolio of materials that illustrate your skills (presentations, websites, data analysis, etc.).
Apply for this jobApply now
Midnight Wilkinson is a business administration professional with over a decade of experience in both Human Resources and executive office administration. Midnight has worked in many different industries, including construction and manufacturing but has focused on technology startups for over 5 years and is continually excited by the energy in this sector. A strong believer in the power of positive thinking in the workplace, Midnight is committed to building a culture of growth, integrity, and balance. She grew up in San Francisco (via South America) and is now a resident of the East Bay and enjoys communing with nature as well as the joys of urban living equally.