Director of Marketing
Riffyn: on a mission to reshape science
Today’s scientific breakthroughs often go unnoticed because they are buried in uninterpretable spreadsheets and inaccessible data. Riffyn’s mission is to make science work better, solving previously intractable data fragmentation and data sharing problems in R&D organizations.
Riffyn supports global biopharmaceuticals, biotechnology and food technology firms with its patented data system, Riffyn Nexus, and scientific consulting team. Riffyn Nexus is a SaaS solution that breaks-down data silos to provide deeply integrated datasets for machine learning and faster product development.
The Director of Marketing will lead the strategic and tactical marketing communication of Riffyn’s value proposition, its impact, thought leadership, and culture through multiple engagement channels including publications, branding, multimedia, user meetings, and events to grow revenue and market share. The Director of Marketing will work directly with Riffyn’s CEO and the executive team to amplify the company vision and voice in the scientific community and R&D marketplace.
- Become an expert in Riffyn products and the value they deliver to scientific R&D.
- Understand and stay current on the scientific software marketplace in order to place Riffyn’s messaging in context of current and emerging trends.
- Articulate Riffyn’s value proposition and impact to varying audiences and industry segments through emotionally compelling messaging, targeted use-cases, feature highlights, customer success stories, and ROI studies
Promotion & education
- Promote Riffyn’s value proposition and impact through multiple communication channels including the company website, social media, email newsletters, blogs, press releases, conference presentations, and release communications.
- Educate prospective customers and the scientific community on Riffyn’s products and scientific innovation through interactive channels including user group meetings, Riffyn-produced events, and trainings on science or data science topics, conference exhibits, online education content, and scientific publications.
Branding & sales enablement
- Work with Riffyn’s product designers to manage and evolve Riffyn’s branding, including logo, style-guides, graphic design, and trademarks.
- Develop and manage internal and external use of Riffyn’s copyrighted materials and trademarks.
- Work with Riffyn’s commercial team to develop sales content and collateral, including demonstration videos, brochures, exhibit banners, and use cases.
- Develop, communicate, and execute an annual marketing promotions strategy with thematic focus areas supported by multi-faceted marketing campaigns.
- Develop and monitor metrics of marketing impact.
- Intuition for the emotional heartbeat of scientists and R&D leadership.
- Extensive knowledge of scientific R&D processes and the challenges of scientific data and data analysis.
- Familiarity with scientific software, informatics, or similar digital discipline.
Education & experience
- Bachelor’s degree or concentration in scientific or engineering field highly desirable.
- MBA preferred.
- Track record of scientific writing and/or media production that demonstrates an ability to translate complex ideas and technical concepts into intuitive messages.
- 3 years of professional experience in R&D, journalism, or science communications.
- Multitasker that can define, execute, track, and communicate (to several stakeholders) a set of parallel activities.
- Ability to develop and communicate a clear strategy and action plan while navigating uncertainty and the unexpected.
Passions and personal skills
- Passion for science and improving the effectiveness and impact of scientific research
- Outgoing personality that thrives on engaging and inspiring people
- Organized, detail-oriented, driven, and accountable - an outstanding and proactive communicator
- Ability to work effectively across geographies to comprehend customer needs, and motivate a distributed team
Founded in 2014 by veterans from life sciences and high-performing computing industries, Riffyn is building and delivering the digital backbone to help scientists get better products to market faster. Riffyn is a venture-backed company headquartered in Oakland, California with an additional offices in Denver, Philadelphia and London.
Apply for this jobApply now
Midnight Wilkinson is a business administration professional with over a decade of experience in both Human Resources and executive office administration. Midnight has worked in many different industries, including construction and manufacturing but has focused on technology startups for over 5 years and is continually excited by the energy in this sector. A strong believer in the power of positive thinking in the workplace, Midnight is committed to building a culture of growth, integrity, and balance. She grew up in San Francisco (via South America) and is now a resident of the East Bay and enjoys communing with nature as well as the joys of urban living equally.