Account Manager - UK
Mission to reshape science
At Riffyn, we think beyond the conventional. We dream big. Our mission is to help accelerate the science that improves all of our lives and our planet’s quality and sustainability.
Riffyn believes there is a better way to approach research and development. And that is to empower scientists to make better decisions and faster discoveries by unlocking the power of data. Our technology and people change lives by driving advancements in biological research, medicines, sustainability, and more. If that inspires you, join us.
Life at Riffyn
Life at Riffyn is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do because we know that our work has the power to change lives. We approach our work with trust and honesty. And we’ve built a diverse team and culture fuelled by collaboration and openness.
Our employees developed our five core values, and these extend beyond the work we do and into how we support each other. We are continually evolving to ensure that every employee feels appreciated and encouraged to do what matters for themselves, the company, and each other.
Riffyn’s core values
- Get there honestly – have the courage to take the right path
- Do what matters – own the why of the work we do
- Make it fun – humor separates us from the machines
- Work well together – trust builds the strongest teams
- Keep evolving – challenge the status quo
The Account Manager will be responsible for direct European sales into the world’s largest and most exciting biotech and biopharma companies. You will excel in detail driven environments and have a deep understanding of partnering customers, leading them to solutions-driven outcomes.
- Actively prospect and build new business opportunities in line with corporate goals
- Drive sales opportunities and take point on all customer interactions
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders, and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g., quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify and grow opportunities within the territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
Your background and skills
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Understanding of Life Science environment, ideally research and development disciplines or similar
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Substantial experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce, Zoho CRM, HubSpot Freshsales) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Formal sales qualification in recognized methodology (Miller Heiman, Spin, Challenger, Sandler, etc.)
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or Life Sciences
If you thrive in a fast-paced, down-to-earth, collaborative, and mission-driven environment, Riffyn is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime and be at the forefront of the next revolution of scientific discovery.
Apply for this jobApply now
Midnight Wilkinson is a business administration professional with over a decade of experience in both Human Resources and executive office administration. Midnight has worked in many different industries, including construction and manufacturing but has focused on technology startups for over 5 years and is continually excited by the energy in this sector. A strong believer in the power of positive thinking in the workplace, Midnight is committed to building a culture of growth, integrity, and balance. She grew up in San Francisco (via South America) and is now a resident of the East Bay and enjoys communing with nature as well as the joys of urban living equally.