Director of Quality Assurance
Riffyn, Inc. - Oakland, CA - riffyn.com
Riffyn seeks an experienced Director of Quality Assurance to build & execute Riffyn's QA systems, and lead the QA team.
Riffyn is a venture-backed provider of research design and analytics software (SaaS) to biotech, pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. Riffyn SaaS offers a unique “design-first” approach to scientific experimentation and product development that solves previously intractable data fragmentation issues. Riffyn provides global R&D organizations with unprecedented access to high-quality data, process design information and integrative data analytics.
Riffyn’s Director of Quality Assurance will be accountable for:
- translating product requirements into test plans,
- developing automated testing systems, smoke-tests and exploratory test procedures,
- executing test plans in synchrony with continuous release schedule,
- sign-off on product quality prior to release,
- assessing & tracking the completeness, effectiveness and efficiency of test plans,
- growing a quality engineering organization committed to customer success and internal collaboration.
Riffyn’s Director of Quality Assurance must be committed to delivering a flawless product on a fast-paced continuous release schedule. This individual must embrace a culture of team before self, intense responsibilities, and a mission to establish quality as a cornerstone of Riffyn's product development.
- 10 years of software engineering and quality engineering experience
- demonstrated expertise with both front-end and back-end automated testing
- deep experience with cloud applications, browser applications, web sockets, role-based multi-tenant software, service-oriented architectures, schema-less data architectures, REST APIs, multi-modal data input, and AWS
- expertise in capturing and translating user acceptance tests into automated tests
- skilled in working with product development and engineering to develop and document manual and automated test plans and processes
- demonstrated ability to communicate with colleagues through formal reporting and informal dialog
- commitment and capability to collect, analyze and learn from test operations metrics
- demonstrated success in building, leading and mentoring teams
- exposure or experience with life science, chemistry or CAD software a plus
- Bachelors degree in a technical field