Associate Application Scientist
Riffyn, Inc. - Oakland, CA - riffyn.com
Riffyn seeks a scientist or engineer from the biotech, pharmaceutical, food or chemical industries to help Riffyn customers transform their R&D practices with Riffyn’s cloud-based process design and data analytics software. As an Associate Application Scientist, you will support a Senior Scientist/Egineer on Riffyn's application support team in serving the experiment design and data analytics needs of customers. Your role includes (1) guiding customers on use Riffyn’s software for the first time, (2) helping customers design R&D workflows and data acquisition configurations in Riffyn, and (3) developing training materials, help videos, and example content for Riffyn's application, and (4) assisting Riffyn QA in developing test methodologies.
In this role, you will tap your skills and experiences in experimental design, process improvement, assay systems, measurement systems, data analysis, and/or statistics to transition our customers from an environment of fragmented data---with data spread across electronic lab notebooks, spreadsheets and databases---to one where data is radically more integrated, accessible and ready for scientific discovery. (See Welcome to Riffyn video.) Your competence will energize our customers. Your experience will shape our product. Your attention to detail will improve its quality. Your communication skills will help build our support center into a destination for anyone who wants to review best practices for product development and continuous improvement.
Riffyn is a venture-backed provider of research design and analytics software (SaaS) to biotech, pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. Riffyn SaaS offers a unique “design-first” approach to scientific experimentation and product development that solves previously intractable data fragmentation issues. Riffyn provides global R&D organizations with unprecedented access to high-quality data, process design information and integrative data analytics.
- Work with customers to translate translate scientific workflows into Riffyn process designs
- Help customers pipe their data into Riffyn experiments
- Help customers enhance their data analysis with scripted data analytics
- Train customers on the Riffyn application and enhanced scientific discovery methodologies
- Answer customers’ inquiries regarding the Riffyn application itself, escalating issues as appropriate
- Channel your professional experience and customer feedback into feature requests for product development
- Support application testing led by Quality Assurance
- Generate and maintain help documentation, both articles and videos
- Bachelor's Degree in chemical engineering, biology, analytical chemistry or related field
- 3+ years experience in industrial R&D preferred
- Proficiency building Excel templates for data capture, analysis and reporting
- Familiarity with using JMP, R, Spotfire, Tableau or other software for multivariate data exploration or analysis
- Outstanding & proactive oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving/analytical mindset
- Willing to travel up to 10%